Frequently Asked Questions

Bridal appointments are highly recommended and greatly appreciated; however, walk-ins are welcome. During the busy bridal and prom season January – May, weekends are very busy with prom and weekday appointments are recommended to avoid weekend crowds. Thank you for your patience during our busy bridal/prom season.

No appointment is required to try on prom dresses.  During the busy bridal and prom season January – May, weekends can be very busy!  Thank you for your patience during our busy bridal/prom season.

Most brides, on their first visit, spend from 1 to 1½ hours trying on gowns, unless they have zeroed in on the specific style they want and do not want to continue to “try” other styles. Subsequent visits are usually less than an hour. Visiting longer than 1½ hours can result in confusion from trying on too many styles. Trying on too many dresses makes it hard to remember which looked best.

Most brides find that 1-3 people who they trust and will give them honest advice are the best. Too many opinions can take the focus off of the bride.

Please bring your Pinterest inspiration boards as well as any pictures from magazines that you like. Most of all, please bring an open mind as the majority of brides end up picking a different style dress than they came in looking for.

Yes, we understand not everyone is able to pay for their wedding gown in full the day they fall in love with it and say yes! Hitched Bridal and Formal Wear offers a layaway plan for special orders as well as in stock/sample gowns. Special order gowns require a 60% prepayment with the remaining 40% balance due when the dress arrives. In-stock/sample gowns also require a 60% prepayment and the remaining balance is due within 60 days. Please keep in mind prepayments are NON-REFUNDABLE, NO EXCEPTIONS. Any stock or sample gowns placed on layaway and not picked up within 60 days will be placed back on the floor and you will forfeit your 60% prepayment.

We happily accept cash, debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and personal checks (personal checks are only accepted for down payment, not final payment).

Absolutely, yes we carry up to size 42 waist in women’s in the store. We have a large selection of curvy size gowns to choose from and we can also special order any dress from a manufacturer we carry in the size you need; as long as the company makes it available.

Upon ordering your bridal gown, we will take your measurements and order the size CLOSEST to your measurements based on the size chart provided by the manufacturer. Since bridal gowns tend to run small in general, taking your measurements is the most accurate way to ensure the best possible fit. In most cases, alterations will be necessary. There are extra charges which may apply for gowns made based on your actual measurements, customized and some plus size gowns based on manufacturer.

It can take anywhere from 4-8 months to special order a bridal gown if the manufacturer does not have your size in stock. The actual length of time it takes depends on the designer. If they have your size in stock, the manufacturer usually ships the dress within 2-3 weeks. If there is a special request involved, such as changes to a couture gown, this process could take up to 6 months. All customers are welcome to purchase gowns off the rack.

Yes, this decision is completely up to the bride. Most of our customers special order their gown because our stock consists of sample dresses. However, you can buy any of the dresses off the rack if you do not wish to special order.

Bridesmaid dresses generally take 3-4 months to arrive once the order has been placed. Some manufacturers offer rush cuts that we can get sooner; however, delivery times vary between manufacturer and there is an additional charge for rush cuts which also varies between manufacturers.

We can order any bridesmaid dress available from the manufacturers we carry. We just need the designer, the style number, and the color of the dresses you would like to order. We will then need each bridesmaid’s measurements and payment (either a 60% prepayment or in full) before we can place the order. We order the dresses in one order as they should come off the same dye lot from the manufacturer to ensure all dresses are the same shade of color.

No, we do not offer returns or exchanges. No exceptions. Down payments are nonrefundable.